Monday, December 2, 2013

Boonie Oliver: Tattoo Artist

A little over a month ago, I had the pleasure of meeting Daniel "Boonie" Oliver, a local tattoo artist from Slippery Rock who had recently been diagnosed with major artery problems. I attended a charity event at the Rock House his friends and family put together to raise money for his medical bills and costs of living. He has talked to me a few times over the last few months about doing more pictures for him.

I would like to do a biography on him and learn more about his childhood and experience as a tattoo artist. A lot of the people I met at the charity event were those that had Boonie do their tattoos, and had a lot of respect for him as an artist. I know I could get some interesting stories from those who know him personally, and could express what makes him such an important individual in the local area. I would also be able to go into more detail about what he is going through medically, and what processes he has and will be going through physically. I thought this would be an interesting project as he is known well in Butler and Slippery Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment